An innovation that means progress
The KaVo COMFORTdrive represents a generation of dental instruments that combine the advantages of turbines and speed increasing handpieces with high-speed instruments in a unique solution.
An excellent balance of performance and lightness
Nothing symbolises the KaVo COMFORTdrive better than the Gepard: The perfect symbiosis of performance, speed and lightness.
With the KaVo COMFORTdrive, we have succeeded in setting a new standard in ergonomics, weight and performance for electrically operated instruments. An extremely useful instrument that optimally balances performance and lightness.
For noticeably easier, more efficient and relaxed working.
The premium speed increasing handpiece from KaVo
- Up to 200,000 rpm brushless micromotor – appropriate for all preparations
- 40% less weight to enable relaxed working
- Integrated handpiece and motor for easy handling
- Perfect balance to avoid the stress of tired hands or fingers while working
We set benchmarks
- 1928: The world’s first sterilisable handpiece originates from KaVo.
- 1958: With the Borden Air 60, KaVo introduces the first turbine on the market.
- 1977: The KaVo MULTIflex sets a new standard as the first quick coupling.
- 1982: KaVo is the first supplier to introduce fibre-optic conductors in the turbine.
- 2005: GENTLEsilence - the quietest turbine in the world.
- 2007: KaVo COMFORTdrive – the world's first contra-angle handpiece with an integrated electric motor for precise work without tiring.
Our great strength has always been to use innovative ideas to set extraordinary standards to make your work easier. We wish to continue this tradition.
The KaVo COMFORTbase is the intelligent coupling element for the KaVo COMFORTdrive.
The light source integrated in the interface and the glass rod light conductor provides precise, shadow-free illumination of every preparation field with 25,000 LUX.
The individual use of spray air and water and cooling air is optimally regulated with the KaVo COMFORTbase.
- Interface between the unit and COMFORTdrive: coupling including hose
- Separate guidance and transfer of spray air, spray water and cooling air
- Integrated exchangeable high-pressure lamp
- Supports instrument recognition by the KaVo ESTETICA E80, ESTETICA E70 und Primus 1058
- Anti-back-suction system with a valve for hygienic safety
Why weight is so important
A majority of all preparation tasks in dentistry is performed with heavy, high-speed instruments. Long treatment times are generally associated with fatigue and stress on one side.
Those times are now over.
The lightest and easiest-to-use electrically-operated dental instrument in the world: KaVo COMFORTdrive 200 XD
Shorter, easier to grip, handier
By integrating the motor, the overall length of the KaVo COMFORTdrive was reduced 20% in comparison to conventional instruments.
This was achieved by dispensing with the transmission gear in the instrument. Small and handy – treatments are easier and more precise.
Advantages that speak for themselves
- 40% less weight for relaxed work in the high-speed range.
- The motor is directly integrated in the instrument for superior balance and less hand and finger stress – especially noticeable in longer preparations.
- The instrument length is reduced 20% for perfect ergonomics and grip.
- Perfectly harmonised four exceptional treatment comfort.
- Integratable, sterilisable, collectorless, electric micro motor
- Dynamic speed range: From 30,000 to 200,000 rpm
- Excellent 30 W output for a constant speed under load
- Powerful 25,000 lux output for superior visualisation
- Weight: Only 74 g including the collectorless motor for no-fatigue work
- Proven Plasmatec coating for optimum hygiene 3-nozzle spray for perfect cooling in the area in which material is being removed
- Completely sterilisable up to 135°; thermodisinfectable
- Integrated exchangeable KaVo microfilter for superior water and spray quality
- Pushbutton chuck for superior grip of the drill bit and maximum security
- High-quality ceramic ball bearing for maximum service life
- Internally guided, separate cooling media
- Special angle combination of 19° at the grip and 100° at the head makes it easier to access all preparation areas
KaVo offers twice as much. Each KaVo product is reinforced in two ways with dental excellence: Our experience as a manufacturer. And your experience as a dentist.
The result: Ergonomically tailored, technically robust, comfortable and safe in the hand. You can see it, feel it and hear it.
Additional information on the two year warranty can be obtained from your dealer.
- Speed: 30,000 - 200,000 rpm
- Weight: 74 g
- 30 W power
- Integrated collectorless motor
- Sterilisable up to 135°C, disinfectable with heat
- Ceramic ball bearings
- 25,000 LUX
- triple spray