Caries diagnosis - Highlights and benefits for you
- Simple diagnosis: Children and adolescents in particular have fissure caries in nearly 80% of all cases which can be detected more easily with DIAGOdent pen
- Easy detection of the "iceberg" syndrome: 90 % of caries is within the proximal area – they will be detected with the diagnostic devices DIAGNOdent pen
- Simple early detection: Fissure caries, proximal caries and calculus, are detected in good time, resulting in fewer subsequent interventions
- Simply more safety: Optimum support for the dentist's eye and for X-ray images – the DIAGNOdent pen detects infected and affected tissue in almost every case
- Simply improved patient loyalty: Thanks to the gentle and safe support of your diagnosis, your patients enjoy returning for treatment and will recommend your practice to others
How the DIAGNOdent works
The DIAGNOdent uses laser fluorescence to aid in the detection of caries within the tooth structure. As the incident laser light is dispersed into the site, carious tooth structure will exhibit fluorescence, proportionate to the degree of caries, resulting in elevated scale readings on the display. Clean healthy tooth structure exhibits little or no fluorescence and will result in very low scale readings on the display.
Over 90% accurate in detecting lesions not detectable with an explorer or bitewing X-rays. The DIAGNOdent allows treatment of questionable sites and sub-surface caries with confidence.
The DIAGNOdent is an extremely accurate, reliable and non-invasive method to aid in caries detection. The device has been successfully used by more than 20,000 dental professionals in the United States and is integrated into the curriculum by a growing number of dental schools.
Easy to use
The DIAGNOdent is a compact, portable device with user-friendly design that moves easily from room to room. With the new DIAGNOdent pen display, KaVo has enhanced the patient experience in caries diagnosis. The remote display for DIAGNOdent pen uses infra-red signals, and the values are shown simultaneously on the DIAGNOdent pen and on the remote display.
Treatment decision requires a higher degree of certainty. The DIAGNOdent laser caries detection aid removes the doubt from treatment decisions regarding hidden caries or questionable stained grooves. The device’s ability to see into occlusal pits and fissures enables dentists to treat sub-surface caries lesions with confidence. The device is also easily calibrated in the office and without the assistance of a technician.
Detachable / sterilizable sheath and tips makes it even easier to use and maintain. Implementing DIAGNOdent into your practice has never been easier.
Test with confidence
The DIAGNOdent is a valuable detection aid that can provide immediate return on investment in various ways. It will not only allow you to provide a higher level of patient care, but also enable the practice to detect more caries lesions than if only using traditional methods. The DIAGNOdent is safe because it uses light energy with no X-ray exposure. The product poses no danger to staff and patients and allows painless, non-invasive examination.
DIAGNOdent pen unit
2 Sterilizable tips for occlusal surfaces
Sterilizable calibration standard
1 standard AA battery
Clinical guidelines and operation manual
Laminated quick reference guide
|DIAGNOdent pen 1004.3400|
|DIAGNOdent display 1004.8400|
|DIAGNOdent pen Perio Tip 1004.0370|
|DIAGNOdent pen Barriers 1007.1480|