Your benefits at a glance
- Configurable device platform: Panoramic, Cephalometric and 3D
- Fast Scan — 2D panoramic imaging in just 9 seconds
- ORTHOfocus™ feature for automatic optimum 2D panoramic layer production
- Innovative and patented ORTHOceph™ plus design with fast cephalometric imaging scan times and adjustable field sizes for perfect image quality with minimal dose
- 4 resolutions for 3D (Low Dose, Standard, High, Endo) combined with MAR technology
- 4 predefined volumes: 5x ø 5, 6x ø 9, 9x ø 11 and (optional) 9x ø 14 cm — freely positionable and height adjustable in 5 mm steps between 5 and 9 cm before the exposure, thanks to SMARTVIEW 2.0 — leading up to 36 possible FOV sizes in total
- QUICKcompose™ for fast image review, appearing automatically following the scan
- Lead-free device
Four defined 3D volume diameters based on clinical needs — plus the possibility to customise
The four predefined FOVs of the KaVo OP 3D are based on true clinical needs and adjustable in height. FOV 5x ø 5 with its endo resolution is optimised for single-tooth and localised diagnostics. FOV 6x ø 9 offers the capability of scanning either the lower or upper jaw, whereas FOV 9x ø 11 combines both. With the largest FOV 9x ø 14, TMJs can be conducted.
Metal Artefact Reduction (MAR): To provide optimum image quality, the Metal Artefact Reduction (MAR) is activated with all FOV sizes and resolutions of the KaVo OP 3D. MAR is optimised to assist in all cases ranging from endodontics and implants planning to maxillofacial imaging.
5 x ø 5 cm – Local diagnostics
- Planning of individual implants
- Wisdom tooth extractions
- Impacted teeth
- With endo-resolution for highly precise illustration of canals and periodontal structures
6 x ø 9 cm – Covers the complete lower or upper jaw:
- Planning of multiple implants in one jaw
- Drilling templates
9 x ø 11 cm – Covers the entire dentition, including lower and upper jaw, as well as a portion of the maxillary sinus:
- Planning of multiple implants in both jaws
- Drilling templates
- Sinus analysis in children
9 x ø 14 cm – Illustration of the whole craniofacial area:
- Illustration of the sinus maxillaris
- TMJ diagnostics
Low Dose TechnologyTM (LDT): The LDT scan can be used in dose-sensitive cases and in control and follow-up scans where the dose is to be minimised or a lower resolution is acceptable.
Standard resolution: The Standard resolution scan with an optimised patient dose can be used for general diagnostics.
High resolution: The High resolution scan offers extremely sharp images for more detailed diagnosis.
Endo resolution: The Endo resolution scan (available at FOV 5ø 5 cm) with an 80 μm voxel size especially designed for endodontic applications.
ORTHOPANTOMOGRAPH™ environmentally friendly
For more than 50 years, the word ORTHOPANTOMOGRAPH™ has been the synonym for ultimate reliability and clinically correct image quality. As the newest member of the legendary ORTHOPANTOMOGRAPH™ series, the KaVo OP 3D takes environmental thinking to a new level by replacing the lead, usually used for radiation shielding, with a more environment-friendly alternative capable of providing equivalent radiation attenuation. All this is completed with the efficient power saving feature which helps reduce the overall energy consumption of the practices.