Caries diagnosis with light beams — light years ahead
With KaVo DIAGNOcam, light waves replace X-rays otherwise needed for caries detection, giving you exceptional image quality and detail.
- The light source at the head of the device illuminates the tooth outwards from the root to the tooth surface.
- A digital video camera shows the scene live on the screen of your choice.
- The tooth becomes a light conductor, making the tooth structures visible: Any areas with caries or cracks that the light comes across on its way to the tooth surface are clearly demarcated and visibly darker.
- Early diagnosis of occlusal, approximal, smooth surface, and secondary caries and cracks.
- Highly precise image quality, even without dental precleaning.
- Conclusive images and videos are visible immediately for an increased acceptance of treatment plans.
- Free from X-rays: For all patients, all teeth and all procedures..
- Automatic integration with common software solutions.
- Recording assistant shows the right position for the best diagnosis images in the shortest possible time.
- Intuitive to operate and a clear dental chart, including deciduous teeth.
Pick it up, record, detect: Quick diagnosis without lengthy training.
Detecting caries early is good. Detecting caries safely is better. KaVo DIAGNOcam combines both aspects. Thanks to the intuitive handling, it is possible to diagnose caries with extreme safety with almost no training at all! Clinically established and proven in practice through millions of recordings.
Precise diagnosis from DIAGNOcam based on: Kühnisch J, Söchtig F, Pitchika V, Laubender R, Neuhaus KW, Lussi A, Hickel R “In vivo validation of near-infrared light transillumination for interproximal dentin caries detection,” Clinical Oral Investigations, May 2016.