Experts in their element: DSE Expert dentist and assistant elements
Overall, the dentist and the optional assistant element automatically recognise up to six flexibly selectable instruments. Both elements are manually height-adjustable and freely positionable from 9 to 12 o'clock in terms of treatment positions. If required, they can be converted for left-handed users in just a few seconds, simply by repositioning the instrument arm, with no need for tools.
Additional functions for the dentist element
- Display for the date, time, dentist selection and for accessing individual instrument parameters
- Direct selection keys, service keys and 4 keys that can be programmed freely for rapid adjustment of the automatic positions of the patient simulator — in the same way as with a treatment unit
Instrumentation can be configured as required with options including
- Multiflex coupling, e.g. for turbines, air motors, SONICflex Air Scaler etc.
- Electronic motor, e.g. KL 703, including with endodontic function
- Ultrasonic scalers PiezoLED or PIEZOsoft
- Various syringes
- Spray mist suction (if no assistant element)
- Laboratory drive selection (operated via the same foot control)
Additional function for the assistant element
- Optional extension with standard tray on the rear section
Instrumentation fitted as standard with
- Spray mist suction
- Saliva extraction
Can optionally be configured as required with
- Various syringes
- Polymerisation handpiece Satelec Mini LED
- Polymerisation handpiece PolyONE
Because each university is different: freely configurable media supply
The integrated stand-alone wet suction device for saliva extraction and spray mist suction features low air consumption with continuously strong suction power. The discharge container (1 l) with integrated overflow protection, transport handle and self-sealing lock is easily accessible. Alternatively, the unit can also be connected to a central wet or dry suction device. In case of a dry suction, the waste water tank is used as a separator.
2. Water supply
Water is supplied via an integrated stand-alone unit with a pressure regulator, overflow protection and a tested, easily accessible pressurised water bottle (max. 1.3 l) which
also opens under pressure thanks to auto-ventilation. There is an option for manual permanent and intensive germ reduction by adding KaVo Oxygenal 6 for protection against germs. Alternatively, the unit can be connected to the building’s central water supply.
Selection from frame to foot control: a convenient option for students and service
As a mobile simulation unit on four sturdy castors, the DSE Expert can be positioned freely and then stably fixed in the optimum treatment position using the pneumatic brake. The frame itself can be configured with intermediate shelves, doors or metal drawers.
- Two lockable storage areas for students
- Comfortably accessible from the side
- Space for a jaw simulator or articulator and tray with instruments
- Maintenance-friendly structure, only accessible with tools
- Above the storage spaces: media and electronics
- Lower area: suction motor, transformer and further installations
Both versions with hoses routed centrally at the front of the device, suitable for left and right-handed users.
Type A: The continuously variable speed control is operated using a comfortable right/left movement of the pedal. There are also foot keys for switching the spray water or
the blow air on/off and for activating/deactivating the motor counter-clockwise operation. The patient simulator position can also be adjusted using the foot control.
Type C: The spray water is switched on/off using a folding valve, and the blow air is switched on/off via a pressure valve. The instrument’s start/stop function is conveniently
controlled via the disc gas pedal.
Always in the perfect position: Options for using the DSE Expert
The options for using the KaVo DSE Expert are unlimited. It can be combined as a standalone feature or combined with a technician’s workstation. The extremely compact device can be easily stationed under the technician’s workstation, thereby giving the student maximum legroom.
Whether arranged in an island of 2, 4, individual or double rows, the DSE Expert can save space in any training room to suit the relevant training concept.
Realistic prior planning included
The facilities in the training area, including the technical equipment and furniture, are optimised through our space and installation planning and are also displayed
realistically. This provides a realistic simulation of your clinic’s specific features.
More information about the planning service of laboratory equipment.