Caries Diagnosis - Highlights and Benefits for you
- Simple diagnosis: Children and adolescents in particular have fissure caries in nearly 80% of all cases which can be detected more easily with DIAGOdent pen
- Easy detection of the "iceberg" syndrome: 90 % of caries is within the proximal area – they will be detected with the diagnostic devices DIAGNOdent pen
- Simple early detection: Fissure caries, proximal caries and calculus, are detected in good time, resulting in fewer subsequent interventions
- Simply more safety: Optimum support for the dentist's eye and for X-ray images – the DIAGNOdent pen detects infected and affected tissue in almost every case
- Simply improved patient loyalty: Thanks to the gentle and safe support of your diagnosis, your patients enjoy returning for treatment and will recommend your practice to others
How the DIAGNOdent Works
The DIAGNOdent uses laser fluorescence to aid in the detection of caries within the tooth structure. As the incident laser light is dispersed into the site, carious tooth structure will exhibit fluorescence, proportionate to the degree of caries, resulting in elevated scale readings on the display. Clean healthy tooth structure exhibits little or no fluorescence and will result in very low scale readings on the display.